Which Sewing Machine should I buy?
What age can you start using a machine?
What else can you buy to help get them started?
We have designed a range of Sewing Machine Kits that have everything they need to get started and make a project – from tissue holders to sewing bags, for the beginner to the more advanced machinist. We designed these projects because once children know how to work their machines they were stuck on what to make. Often requiring a trip to the fabric shop and then working out a project – our kits have everything to make this a more inspiring and creative process!
Helping them learn how to use a sewing machine.
- how to thread up and make bobbins
- all the different stitches the machine can do (they love this bit!)
- use the reverse button to start and finish sewing
- getting confident with the pedals and controlling the speed which often takes a bit of practice
- you could book this in advance or give it as a Gift Voucher
After they have done this class they might want to buy a Sewing Machine Kit to try at home – we offer different levels of project depending on their confidence – they can slowly work their way through them.